Front of Fairmount Home


Frequently Asked Questions about Fairmount Home

What is the difference between Retirement Homes and Long Term Care?

To compare Retirement Homes, Long Term Care Homes and Supportive Housing options visit:

How much does it cost to live in Long Term Care?

For long term care rates visit:

How long is the waiting list for Fairmount Home?

The waiting list fluctuates on a daily basis.  Upon request your CCAC Case Manager can check your status on the Long-Term Care waiting list.

How do I get admitted to Fairmount Home?

Your CCAC (Community Care Access Centre) is your single point of access to apply for admission to Long-Term Care Homes. You cannot apply directly to the Long-Term Care Home. Your CCAC Case Manager can:

  • Provide information about Long-Term Care Homes
  • Provide information about financial options, if required
  • Carry out an assessment at your home or in hospital and determine your eligibility
  • Help you with the application forms and coordinate the application process to facilitate access to Long-Term Care
  • Provide information on alternatives to Long-Term Care Homes, such as supportive/assistive housing, retirement homes and senior’s apartments
  • Empower you or your decision-makers with the information you need to make an informed decision on a Long-Term Care Home that suits your needs and interests
  • Place you, if necessary, on the waiting lists of the Long-Term Care Homes you select
  • Offer you a bed in a chosen Long-Term Care Home when one becomes available

Contact the South East Community Care Access Centre office nearest you:

Bancroft office
1 Manor Lane PO Box 1449 Bancroft, ON K0L 1C0 Tel: 613 332 24441 800 717 2344 Fax 613 332 4873
Belleville office
470 Dundas Street East Belleville, ON K8N 1G1 Tel: 613 966 3530 1 800 668 0901Fax 613 966 0996
Brockville office
555 California Ave., Unit #1, Bag Service 7000, Brockville, ON K6V 7K6 Tel: 613 283 80121 800 267 6041Fax 613 283 0308
Smiths Falls office
52 Abbott St. N., Unit 1 Smiths Falls, ON K7A 1W3 Tel: 613 283 8012 1 800 267 6041 Fax 613 283 0308
Kingston office
1471 John Counter Blvd, Suite 200 Kingston, ON K7M 8S8 Tel: 613 544 7090 Fax 613 544 1494
Northbrook office
12309 Highway #41 Northbrook ON K0H 2G0 Tel: 613 336 8310

Selby office
114 Pleasant Drive, Selby, ON K0K 2Z0 Tel: 613 388 2488



Who owns Country Pines Apartments beside Fairmount, and how do I apply to move there?

Country Pines Apartments are independent of Fairmount Home, managed by Town Homes Kingston, however we welcome the tenants to visit Fairmount and shop in our General Store. 
If you are interested in applying to rent an apartment at Country Pines the contact information is:
Kingston Municipal Non-Profit Housing Corporation
(Town Homes Kingston)
37 Cassidy Street, Unit 222
Kingston, Ontario K7K 7B3
Telephone: 613-542-0443

Does Fairmount Home have short-stay beds?

No we do not, however some other local homes do, which you can find out more information about through your local CCAC (Community Care Access Centre).

What are the size of resident rooms and how much stuff can I bring with me?

The size of resident rooms and amount of personal items you can bring varies based on a number of factors - if the room is basic, private, or semi-private, if you require assistance getting in and out of bed, if you have a wheelchair, walker or power chair, etc.  When you accept a room at Fairmount more details can be provided about the particular room you are going into, and staff are happy to discuss what can be accomodated in terms of personal items.

I want to mail something to someone at Fairmount but don’t know their room number.  How do I get mail to them?
Send mail to the residents name c/o Fairmount Home 2069 Battersea Road, Glenburnie Ontario K0H 1SO and we will ensure they receive it.

Do the city buses stop near Fairmount Home?

Unfortunately Fairmount Home is not on a public transportation route.  If you are registered with the Kingston Access Bus they will provide service to and from Fairmount Home.  Alternatively the only public means of transportation to Fairmount is through local taxi services.    


Invoices are mailed the beginning of each month for the previous month’s charges.
Payments may be made by cash, cheque, or automatic withdrawal. You can pay monthly as you receive your invoices or leave postdated cheques. Payments can be made in person (during office hours), by mail, or dropped into the locked Accounting/Payroll slot located at the reception desk next to the elevator.

Building Access and Security

Please note that our front doors are locked at 9 p.m. each evening. After 9 p.m., use
the intercom at the front entrance to call the nurse to let you in. 
There are a variety of security features for our resident’s safety that may occasionally affect access to the building however you can always use the intercom and a nurse will be happy to assist you.


Please do not keep valuable articles or large amounts of cash in your room. Fairmount Home does not assume responsibility for personal belongings left in residents’ rooms. Small items of value and money may be left with the R.N. for safekeeping.

Upon admission valuables such as glasses, watches, hearing aids, dentures and razors should be brought to the Nurses station on the unit for labeling with the resident’s name.


Any electrical appliances brought into the Home must be C.S.A approved and inspected by our maintenance department prior to use. The use of extension cords is prohibited (Isolation power bars are acceptable).


A smoking room is not provided for residents however there is a designated area outside the Home where residents can safely smoke.

Clothing/Laundry Service

All linen and personal clothing are laundered at Fairmount Home. Our staff will label all clothing with the resident’s name.

We encourage the use of wash and wear, easy to put on clothing.

As we use industrial washers and dryers minimum water temperature is 60 degrees Celsius. Please do not bring items made of wool or cotton. These items will shrink when washed. Dry cleaning is picked up and delivered to the Home at a reasonable cost, which is charged to the resident.

Any new clothing or clothing received as presents should be sent to the unit’s Nursing station for logging in charts and labeling of the resident’s name.

If clothing goes missing please check with staff on the unit and they will direct you to the “Lost Clothing” cart.

Click here for the lost clothing form