In the County of Frontenac, Financial Services provides a financial framework that supports the strategic direction of Council, ensures compliance with the Municipal Act and applicable legislation, protects the County's financial position and minimizes the risk to the taxpayer.
Overview of Services
- Applies best practices in financial processes and makes recommendation on the continuous improvement of procedures and efficiency opportunities.
- Maintains the accuracy, security and integrity of the corporation's financial systems and accounts
- Manages the procurement process to ensure transparency while ensuring the best value to the Corporation
- Develops and reviews Finance Policies and Procedures
- Shares management of employee benefits with Human Resources
- Provides payroll services for approximately 400 County employees
- Provide financial support and stewardship services/internal consulting advice to all County departments
- Payroll (Processing bi-weekly employee payroll)